Saturday, October 20, 2007

TATTOO

I think it is very interesting the feelings people get when they see them and the judgment that people have. Most people love them or hate them. I have two and am getting another tonight. I have one on my back that has five flowers one for each person in my family. I have had it for about six years. When I got it we only had four in our family but Bret and I where trying to have more and I new we would be blessed with another child. I also have one on my hip most people haven’t seen. I have had this one for about fifteen years. This one I am getting changed tonight. When I got this tattoo Bret was with me and it just seemed fun. Well many years later I have decided to change it. My children know I have tattoos and people ask me or should I say my mother asks what I tell them about getting them. We have a few rules in our house one is you can only have two holes in your ears anything else you have to wait till your eighteen. Another is any tattoos you want you have to be eighteen to get. Anyway about a year ago my oldest daughter started talking to me about my tattoo on my hip and I felt like I didn’t have the answers for her. She wanted to know why I picked it do I like it what was it supposed to mean. I really started thinking about it and I first thought of having it removed but than I thought I would rather have it changed. The girl that got this tattoo has grown. So I have decided to have the tattoo changed just as I have changed. I have waited all summer because of my Tri training you can’t get a tattoo wet and swimming in the nasty bay water would not have been good. So tonight is the night I am getting another flower I am excited to see how he covers what I already have. I might post a picture tomorrow of the before and after not sure.

4 comments:

TK said...

I want to see pictures!!! Please do so. If you do I will show you mine. I have a little butterfly, it means nothing to me and I really never look at it or think about it. I got it when I was 20 or 21. I went with a girlfriend and she got her nose pierced and I got a tattoo. She pulled out her nose ring like a week later and I still have my tattoo. I never thought about removing it or changing it but hmmm not a bad idea. Maybe someday I'll change it to something with more meaning. Anyways good luck on that after three children and a triathalon I'm sure it will seem painless.

Lauren Faiai said...

Sweet! Please post pictures! Can't wait. Is someone going with you? If not, I will!! Sounds like fun!

berrytribe said...

oh, yes!! Pictures please. We'd love to see the transformation. I have a tatoo on my toe. I got it almost 3 years ago. I did it because I felt like I always followed all the rules growing up. Now I was old enought to go against the grain of my upbringing (rebellion at 32!). My mom still freaked out!! :) But, I do like it and think it's fun.

Kara said...

I am so glad I got to see the "after". I would love to see the "before". And I am glad Haley was there. After hearing that it hurt she never wants to get one! We will hope she stays with that for awhile.