Monday, September 10, 2007

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY

As I sit to write this today. I am listening to Fergie song Big girls don’t cry . As I am getting ready for this weekend I am trying to remind myself of those words. Saturday morning Bret leaves for Rhode Island for 10 weeks than he will return the weekend before Thanksgiving. Bret will than move to lovely Lemoore. We will than see him hopefully 2 weekends a month. He will be there till February or March than deploy for 8 months. When we learned of this last April what could I do I said we will make it work. But as this weekend approaches this pill seems harder to swallow. Please friends if you see me in church and I seem wet at the eyes just look away or you could be in for a big cry. As the song says it’s time to be a big girl now. After all the deployments and goodbyes it never gets any easier.

3 comments:

berrytribe said...

Yes-big girls do cry and it's ok, too. I know it's never the same as having your man with you, but you do have friends around to give you a hug and a shoulder to cry on. I'll do my best to love you as best I can and to support you as you hang in there with those sweet kiddos. You aren't forgotten and are so loved!!

TK said...

Rod loves that song....but I agree with Shannon we all need a good cry once in awhile.

Sounds like a good time for you to get to know your "neighbors" better. I'm always up for an evening stroll or a picnic at our park.

Becky said...

ANY time you need help, let me know, none of this "last resort" business. I enjoy a good cry every now and then, call me and we can go for it.